Coachella is coming up quick so we put together this list of essential items that you should think about packing in your bag.
The Water Container:
- Water is one of the most essential items needed at Coachella. Keep in mind you are spending three days in the dessert, so be prepared for hot weather. Staying hydrated is a must, but have fun with your container lots of places offer awesome products in cool prints to hold your H2O.
- Sunscreen is another item that should make its way into your bag. The sun will be out and with sun comes harsh UV rays. Its not very cute or comfortable to have to walk around with a sunburn so show your skin some love and protect it. Many skin brands offer lightweight no rub spray sunscreens in different SPFs so you can spray on and go.
Portable Phone Charger:
- Last year Coachella provided stations to charge your phone, so you can bring your regular wall charger, but if you don’t want to stand in line or wait around for your phone to charge then you should invest in a portable phone charger. When your battery is running low from the millions of photos and videos you took then just pull out your portable charger plug in your phone and continue on with your Coachella adventures.
- Always have a back-up plan especially when it comes to Coachella and taking pictures. Worse case scenario is that your phone dies and you forgot your charger, how will you ever show people the amazing time you had at this amazing festival? Well by bringing some sort of back-up camera, whether digital or film. We love film and disposable cameras because there is the fun of getting the photos develop and seeing pictures you forgot you took.
- Keep in mind that there are going to be thousands upon thousands of people attending this year’s Coachella, which means thousands of germs on everything you touch, so be smart and bring a travel size container of hand sanitizer.
- The wind and dust will be blowing during the three day festival which means lips will be getting chapped, so don’t forget your chap stick or tinted lip balm. Also think about getting one with some SPF protection so your lips don’t burn.
- These small but very portable fans are lifesavers from the heat and humidity that will be hanging around at Coachella. The hand held battery operated fans are small and most have hooks so you can hang them anywhere, just don’t forget batteries. The paper fans however come in hundreds of colors, styles, and patterns so you can match with every outfit.
Travel Size Deodorant:
- I have said it many times before but I will say it again Coachella is going to be hot and with heat comes sweat. Bringing along a travel size deodorant will provide you with a little extra protection from sweating and smelling. Almost all brands make their deodorants in convenient travel size containers.
- Wet Wipes aren’t the most glamorous thing to bring to Coachella but they sure are convenient. You can use this to stay cool by wiping off sweat or wiping off your hands after eating. They provide the perfect clean up tool when water and towels are near by.
A European company Hudson Bay traded their point blankets with the Native Americans in what is now Canada as far back as 1779.They traded these blankets in exchange of fur goods, in order to make trading easier all the blankets where stitched with thin lines or point system (hence the name point blanket) to show the size and weight of each blanket without having to unfold them. Then about a century later, those same blankets where used by French Canadian voyagers to make coats called Capotes. These coats have become quite collectible and even celebrities like Rachel Bilson have been seen around rocking one of these iconic coats.
Check out our amazing red Hudson Bay Coat(shown above) available at: